Friday, April 8, 2011

Planting Time!

Late start on planting this year, April 4th already! Back in Victoria I would have my seeds in the basement germinating already.

Don't hate.....I know most of the country is still under snow!:)

But it's super warm here in Cali already so I can start planting outside now...except for those seeds that need to be kept in the dark.

Finally got some supplies....


Un-packed my seeds......




And planted!

I'm keeping these little guys in the fountain to protect them, it gets a bit windy sometimes.

Always good to plant on the new moon...you can go really into planting by the moon phases but I keep it simple and try to plant on or just after the new moon.
Every time I stick to this, plus say a few words and give an offering I get the strongest healthiest plants.



I also got a few starters from the gardening store as I'm not great growing tomatoes from seed!  But then of course I got carried away....do not let me into a plant, herb or shoe store! Dangerous!!!









Tomatoes, Cilantro, Onions and some Borage seeds










Peppers-Piquillo (mild red) and Garden salsa
(med-hot). We eat a lot of salsa

There's also some mixed beans in there







I also picked up some native Coyote mint (monardella villosa) which will have pretty pink flowers and makes a great tea for sore throats and respiratory ailments....and much more




And I couldn't resist this Blue sage (salvia nemerosa) it reminds me of Skullcap (scutellaria laterifloria), my favorite herb <3

I love all sages...I left a beautiful sage garden back in Victoria.

I'm also planting California White Sage (salvia apiana) and Purple sage (salvia officinalis purpurea)




Levi checkin out the new plants....



We also got some Blackberries, Kris' fave.....acorn quash, sweet peas, sugar peas, and sunflowers....and I don't know how many seeds around the house.....I might have to get Kris to build me some stacking garden beds cause I've already filled the pots!

Super excited about growing in California......we'll see what comes up!!!

1 comment:

  1. so exciting! i am just starting our seeds. we're not really growing too much this year. I'm excited to see how your garden does!

    ReplyDelete