Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Place

Finally moved in to our new place. Love it! The view's are amazing and we got some sun. We live far enough out of the city to have some green and quiet, but close enough so Kris, (my husband) doens't have to commute that far (about 30 minutes)


















Our place has 3 skylights so we have a lot of natural light. I think I will put my Herbal Pantry here as it is nice and dark (so the herbs and tinctures won't degrade) and there is a nice office space right across for storing larger things, mixing and keeping files.







The yard is smaller than what I was used to in Victoria but very pretty and with various fruit trees; nectarine, plum, lemon, apple and crabapple yum! 














There is not a lot of space for actual planting in the ground, so I'm planning a container garden for veggies and esp for herbs as a lot of them are vigorous growers.






I have some flexibility on planting with the owners in trade for keeping up the grounds and I can also do some planting in the boulevard across the street






The original owners loved to garden it's obvious, but I think with some cleaning up there will be plenty of space to work with. In Canada we really are spoiled with a lot of land per person, more than we need really. This will be good for me to appreciate more the things I have taken for granted, and the good fortune I have today. I feel truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment